The SOLPLAST films for these applications are manufactured in multilayer structures, combining LDPE, LLDPE and metallocene resins and/or EVA/EBA copolymers, as well as the necessary additives. They are manufactured in different thicknesses and presentations, depending on the end application for the product.
- The small tunnels are light, simple structures for protecting crops from the weather and external agents.
- Their small size produces very low thermal inertia, heating rapidly during the day and releasing heat rapidly at night.
- For crops or geographical areas that do not require thermal properties, SOLPLAST offers the products TUNESOL NATURAL and TUNESOL NATURAL UV.
- These films have excellent mechanical properties, providing the crops with physical protection from external harm. The ultraviolet stabilization provided by TUNESOL UV gives them a longer life, if required by the application.
- When a more technical product is required for this application, SOLPLAST offers its TUNESOL THERMAL DIFFUSE and TUNESOL THERMAL CRISTAL films. The composition of these materials includes resins with thermal properties, as well as a combination of IR additives that improve heat retention, preventing sharp temperature drops, especially during periods of frost.
- TUNESOL THERMAL DIFFUSE provides good light diffusion, preventing shaded areas in the tunnel, thus improving regular plant development. Suitable for areas with high degrees of radiation.
- For areas with lower radiation, or crops that require high light transmission, we recommend TUNESOL THERMAL CRISTAL, whose high transparency maximizes light to the plants.
- Anti-drip additives may be added to all these films, to prevent drops from forming inside the sheet. Instead of such drops, a continuous sheet of water forms, which prevents dripping onto plants and reduces the risk of diseases.
- In addition, the absence of drops improves light transmission, preventing the total reflection effect. This increases heating in the greenhouse, especially in the early morning.
- These films may be manufactured with holes 12, 10 or 5 mm in diameter, with different layouts to improve ventilation in the tunnel, thus favoring crop development.
Avda. Francisco Jimeno Sola
Polígono Industrial Saprelorca - Buzón 9
30817 LORCA (Murcia) - Spain
Phone: +34 968 461 311 - Fax: +34 968 461 562
Apartado de Correos 323
30800 LORCA (Murcia) - Spain
The Armando Álvarez Business Group is currently the largest Spanish processor
Join our team